Not close enough to any of the host venues? Offered sessions not suiting your schedule? There are lots of reasons why you might be unable to attend an Open Water Swimathon organised session, but that does not mean that you cannot take part.
The MySwimathon challenge has been designed for those that can’t attend an organised session but don't want to miss out.
To offer you more flexibility with your open water swimming challenge, take on MySwimathon and choose your own venue and swimming times.
You will still be able to raise money for a fantastic cause, and of course to challenge the whole family, your friends and your colleagues to take part as well.
Please note, MySwimathon is NOT part of an organised Open Water Swimathon session. Choose a safe place to take on your challenge. We recommend that you swim at a registered open water swimming venue.
In a nutshell, MySwimathon rules are:
- You can swim one of the set challenges (Individual 400m, Individual 1.5k, Individual 2.5k, Individual 5k, Team 1.5k, Team 5k or your own set distance).
- You must complete your swim in one session, between Friday 31st August and Sunday 16th September.
- MySwimathon is NOT part of an organised Open Water Swimathon session. You can complete your MySwimathon challenge in any venue of your choice, at a time that suits you.
- Please note, you will have to pay your venue's normal entry fee (as well as the Open Water Swimathon registration fee).
- Please complete your challenge during the venue's organised swimming sessions.
- Please wear your Open Water Swimathon swim cap, which will be sent to you by post in September.
- Submit your final time within your Swimmer Login at openwaterswimathon.org and then we will send your medal to you in the post.