We’re delighted to announce that Cancer Research UK and Marie Curie will continue to be our charity partners for this year's Open Water Swimathon, so this is also your chance to fundraise for two incredible causes.
Don’t forget, if you fundraise £100+ through your JustGiving page (or an average of £100+ per team member), you will receive an exclusive Open Water Swimathon 2018 t-shirt. Fundraising must be with the Open Water Swimathon by September 30th.
Set Up Your JustGiving Page
If you have registered but didn’t set up your JustGiving page, you can set up yours now by firstly logging into your swimmer profile area. Follow the below steps to set up your JustGiving page.
- Click on 'Manage My Challenge' in your Open Water Swimathon profile area
- Select 'Fundraising' on the menu on the left-hand side
- Enter your giving page name and URL (the bit that will follow www.JustGiving.com/Open WaterSwimathon-2018-...), do not use any spaces or punctuation when creating your URL
- If you receive an error message stating the ‘URL is unavailable’ this means it has already been taken, please try again with a more unique name
- You will then automatically be sent to the JustGiving website to either login to your account (if you already have one) or create a JustGiving account
- Once authorised, you will head back to the Open Water Swimathon website to complete your registration
- Then you're done and ready to start sharing your JustGiving page!
Cancer Research UK
At Cancer Research UK we want to bring forward the day that all cancers are cured. We are the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research and is the only charity fighting over 200 different types of cancer; at both a national and regional level, from the most common cancers such as breast and lung to rarer types like pancreatic and children’s cancers. Our supporters help fund the 4,000 doctors, nurses and research scientists across the UK that develop pioneering new ways to diagnose, treat and cure cancer. Through events like Swimathon, we are able to fundraise for research into cancer which makes us the single largest funder of cancer research in the UK.
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every runner. This money is crucial, and with cancer now affecting 1 in 2 of us there’s an urgent need to focus this support and raise more funds for essential research, including translational research to ensure that new scientific discoveries can be applied to actual patient treatments.
The work that we do is felt all over the country, from major cities to the smallest of villages. We have successfully helped double the survival rate of all cancers in the last 40 years; and in the next 20 years, we want to double that progress again. We work in partnership with others to achieve the greatest impact in the global fight against cancer and for this we need your help.
Marie Curie is the UK’s leading charity for people with any terminal illness. The charity helps people living with a terminal illness and their families make the most of the time they have together by delivering expert hands-on care, emotional support, research and guidance.
Marie Curie employs more than 2,700 nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals, and with its nine hospices around the UK, is the largest provider of hospice beds outside the NHS.